February 17, 2011
We happened to see this slow cooker recently on a skiing trip, and think the dual purpose in kitchen and portable kitchen makes sense. The portable use we saw was with a mom cooking about 20 hotdogs or more in the cooker ready to be served whenever the kids needed some food throughout the day. She also had a crock of beans going in another one of these. Amazing.
- 6-quart oval stoneware is perfect for seven or more people or a six pound roast
- High, low and warm settings are perfect for making chilis, stews, sauces and more
- Lid-mounted locking system is easy to use for portability
- Secure fit lid helps keep the unit sealed so your meal stays in when you go out
- Measures approximately 15 by 10 by 15 inches
At Crock-Pot SCCPVL600R Cook' N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker
January 19, 2011
Coming in a variety of cool colors like the orange above, Bodum Latte's foaming spiral not only rotates in both directions, but it also moves up and down, thus pumping more air into the milk for a more even froth. You can prepare coffeehouse style drinks with the push of a button, and it's great for other light mixing such as sauces, dressings, protein drinks and more. What's interesting is the fact the Bodum Latte is a battery operated frother. We think this is a great way to go as long as you use rechargeable batteries because we know if we had one we'd use it all the time.
At Bodum Latte Battery Operated Milk Frother and Light Mixer with Glass Beaker
January 7, 2011
Bosch recently sent us their new really easy to use kitchen machine. What's a kitchen machine? Well think of it as a mixer with attachments all working around a large 800 watt motor base. The design is also very simple, and putting together the mixing bowl, beaters - etc. was also really easy and quick.
We used ours to mix icing and cake mixes, and we had our mom make some bread using it. The results? As stated easy to use, clean up, and also store. It's a little larger than other small appliances, but the things it can do are vast. You can also get attachments like a blender and other items for it.
- 800 watt motor
- Easy-to-use (4 speeds plus impulse) with slower low-speed setting; faster high-speed setting
- 6.5 quart high-volume mixing bowl with higher dough capacity
- Dough hook, scraper and double beater included.
- Security device, cover for both drives
- Integrated cable storage
- Durable, easy to clean surface
- Wide range of optional accessories eliminate the need for many additional kitchen appliances
December 29, 2010
Looking for a great way in the New Year to lose that holiday weight? Drink juice and go on a juice diet. This juice extractor with on/off toggle switch and 1.1-horsepower motor has an extra-large 3-inch-wide feed chute that fits whole produce for faster juicing. Any juicer that's easier to use means you'll juice more often. The juice cup and removable pulp bin are also dishwasher safe making clean up easy too.
At Hamilton Beach 67650 Big Mouth Pro Juice Extractor
December 13, 2010
We've been wanting to get into the Turkey frying game for some time, but the outdoor fryers just frighten us and are also not that useful for cooking on a regular basis other deep fried food. This indoor electric turkey fryer accommodates turkeys up to 14 pounds, and will also make all kinds of other fried foods. It has a digital timer; power/ready indicator lights; adjustable thermostat control; storage compartment for cord, and the a fold-away lid with viewing window.
We've seen the infomercial for these as well, and we have to say we didn't shut it off. It's basically a fits a turkey and allows you to make any other fried foods. So if you're looking for a treat, then this could be a great gift for that turkey frying person in your life or even for yourself.
At Masterbuilt Butterball Professional Series Indoor Electric Turkey Fryer
December 9, 2010
Quirky is a company that makes the products you want after they've gotten enough sponsors. We're thinking of sponsoring this yogurt maker as it's non-electric. We eat yogurt just about every day, and we like the stainless steel design, along with the filtering. Check it out and sign up to sponsor if you'd like to see this unique yogurt maker made.
- Insulating Culture. Yogurt By You’s insulated, double-walled, stainless steel cylinder keeps your milk and culture at an optimal temperature for the entire incubation period. The cylinder can produce about a half gallon of homemade yogurt.
- Filtering Whey. We’ve included a rubber colander that allows you to easily filter the whey created during your yogurt’s incubation period. The colander attaches to both the top and bottom of the cylinder, with curved feet that extend downward to provide a space where the whey can run out of the container into a sink or bowl.
- Refrigeration. Yogurt By You’s cylinder is perfect for storing and refrigerating your home-made yogurt until you’re ready to enjoy it.
- Dual compartments make for easy cleaning and storage.
- Product will ship with culture packets, a “How To Get Cultured” instruction manual, and a book with more than 50 yogurt recipes.
At Quirky Yogurt Maker
December 7, 2010
Simply one of the best all in one gifts you can give that special someone that likes to bake. This all-metal 10-speed stand mixer with powerful 575-watt motor features a 6-quart stainless-steel mixing bowl, and direct-drive transmission. The electronic speed sensor will keep things moving, and the auto shut-off will ensure it stops when needed. Comes with a wire whip, burnished flat beater, spiral dough hook, and pouring shield.
At KitchenAid KP26M1XCV Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer
November 23, 2010
Yep - Breville makes a personal pie maker and now we're pretty sure our bellies will get not bigger but much bigger over the winter months. Perfectly-crimped pies will set you back $80, and it's available exclusively at Williams Sonoma.
Via Gizmodo at Williams Sonoma
November 22, 2010
We've yet to purchase a deep fat fryer, but we do love the design of this 840-watt stainless-steel deep fryer for making fried foods at home. We're big chicken strip eaters as of late, and mostly bake them, but having the option to be naughty and deep fry could be a nice treat.
This fryer holds 4-1/4 cups of oil and 1-1/4 quarts of fresh food, and features a see-through lid to see how the cooking is going. The adjustable thermostat has a "ready" indicator light. Frying food can also be quite stinky, and this fryer has a odor-reducing filter to alleviate some of the after smell.
At Deni 9301 Mini 840-Watt 1-1/4-Quart Stainless-Steel Deep Fryer
November 17, 2010
Now that the weather is a bit cooler, and we're watching more movies in the evening each Fall we eat more popcorn instead of other snacks. We're a sea salt and olive oil popcorn family, and perhaps it's time to get a dedicated popcorn maker for those big movie nights.
This popcorn maker with motorized stirring mechanism for better popping has special vents that let moisture escape to keep popcorn crisp, which is often a problem when you make it in a large pot. It also has a removable nonstick cooking plate, and dishwasher-safe bowl.
At Cuisinart CPM-900BK EasyPop Popcorn Maker