September 13, 2005
simplehuman was kind enough to send us their new semi-round stainless steel trash can to review. We currently have a round stainless steel trash can but have always been rather unhappy with it. We just reviewed the simplehuman paper towel holder and it fixed many of the issues we had with our old one. What will the simplehuman semi-round trash can do to improve our lives?
Our current stainless steel can has the following problems:
Continue reading: "Review: simplehuman Semi-Round Stainless Steel Trash Can"
- Lid doesn't stay up when you push the pedal. You can sit there and hold it with your foot and it flops up and down as you try and throw stuff away.
- The bags never fit inside the can it it just looks unsightly with them overflowing the lid area.
- The can just isn't big enough and the inside container always is coming out when you change bags because it has some handle we never use.
- The lid is also stainless steel. You'd think this would be great, but because it endures lots of moisture underneath it has rust inside the lid. Yuck! The lid also is very heavy to use with the pedal because it's made of stainless steel.
- Our current can just isn't ideal for the kitchen space we have to allocate to it. It's round but doesn't fit flush to the wall and the lid is always banging the side of the fridge enclosure.
August 17, 2005
simplehuman is looking for the best ideas on how to make your home more organized and are sponsoring a contest you can enter using Flickr. All you have to do is post a photo and description of your home organizational tip on Flickr. Tag your photo with the keyword "organizethis". The top 20 entries will be posted on the simplehuman blog, and the author will win one free simplehuman stainless steel step can of their choice.
For the winners who want a free year’s supply of sure-fit liners to go with their new simplehuman can, just post a review of your simplehuman can on your blog or the simple human blog.
We have been very into the simplehuman dish rack, garbage can, and bread box. We currently have their grocery bag holder for plastic bags you want to reuse for "various purposes". Hmmm...what can we organize to win the contest and score that can!
At: simplehuman | blog: Organize This!
July 18, 2005
If you care about the environment then you'll want the Brabantia Twin Bin. This waste bin from Brabantia introduces two very different, yet complementary features: an environmentally friendly twin-bin feature so that organic and compostable matter can be kept separate from all other waste, and an all new oval body shape that's pleasing on the eye.
We recently covered the ceramic countertop compost bin, and now we can compost in the kitchen trash as well? I can see myself filling up the counter compost, taking over to this new twin bin, then taking it out to the big compost pile out back, until it finally turns into dirt and I put it in the garden.
At Brabantia Twin Bin
July 16, 2005
Since we were just outside stirring up our large compost pile we started to search around for better compost actions after coming inside for a glass of water. I never would have expected a countertop ceramic compost option - but this might be a great way to get things started inside and then take it outside to our larger compost pile. Apparently this containter has an interior that resists odors and stains and has a carbon filter on the lid to trap even more odors. I can tell you right now - if this stuff doesn't work to trap the odors then you can expect a swift return to the manufacturer.
At Shop.com Via MetaEfficientt